Most Real Estate agents and Lenders recommend that home buyers get pre-approved with a lender before selecting a home to purchase. The choice of a lender is a very personal decision. Your real estate professional has access to many lenders offering a variety of loan programs to suit your particular needs.
REASONS TO GET PRE-APPROVED....
- With pre-approval, you can determine which loan program best fits your need and which programs you qualify for.
- You will know exactly how much you are approved for. It's no fun to find your "ideal home" and then find out you can't afford it. Go to Mortgage Calculator.
- Your monthly payment can be set. This will allow you to budget your money before making this large investment.
- It shows you what the likely or approximate down payment and closing costs will be.
- If you are a first-time buyer, you may be able to qualify for a special first-time buyer program which may allow you to afford more home for your money. Click Here to find out more.
- If you feel you would like and can afford a higher mortgage payment but are not able to meet qualifications, co-mortgagor financing may be made available to you.
- Improves your negotiating position with the seller.
- Saves time once you’ve selected a home. The loan process is already underway.